Take the whole family (and the dog) to a fun-filled day just for geeks – Geekfest 2014 on Sat 29. Cosplay, market, robot wars and much more!
A fun filled day just for Geeks! Take the whole family and your pets!
• Pet parade
• Kids’ play area
• Beer garden
• Robot wars
• Hero Clix
• Second-hand trading station
• Movie marathon
• Geek quiz
• Plenty of prizes
• Magic the Gathering
• Bands and so much more
Download the cosplay registration form at http://ow.ly/EQcpQ and cosplay rules at http://ow.ly/EQczv.
Tickets are available from Webtickets. Purchase your tickets online at http://ow.ly/EQcHJ.
Tickets sold on the day: R 60 per adult, R 30 per child under 12.
Anyone keen to build and battle robots for awesome prizes please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and rules and regulations.
• Radio jamming
• High voltage electric discharge
• Liquids (glue, oil, water, corrosives)
• Open combustion (fire, explosives)
• Untethered projectiles
• Lasers above 1 milliwatt
• Visual obstruction
• Halon – a specific fire extinguishing gas effective as a weapon in stopping internal combustion engines. Note that current rules do not specifically ban Halon as it is no longer commercially available.
Pet Parade entry: R 10 (all money to be donated to charity). Dress your pooches, dragons, rats, whatever, up for a good cause. All pets must be socialised.
Where: Ball & All Driving Range, Cnr Malibongwe Drive and the R114, opposite the Lion Park