National Children’s Theatre children’s workshops
National Children’s Theatre workshops for children ages 7-17 (in four age categories), Saturdays 09h00-12h00 during term-time, in Parktown.
Term One theatre workshops for children – 24 January to 14 March
Bringing powerful learning experiences to children, the NCT workshops are open to all children who are motivated to learn, grow, and explore the world of theatre and the arts. The programme is an ongoing, year-round training project for children of diverse backgrounds and has been designed to teach students about live theatre, both on stage and behind the scenes.
• Term 1 runs from 24 January to 14 March 2015, and costs R 1 000 per person for eight sessions
• Classes are held every Saturday morning from 09h00-12h00 during the school term
• Children are grouped by age: Group One: 7-9 years; Group Two: 10-11 years; Group Three: 12-13 years and Group Four: 14-17 years
• Syllabus includes drama, music, dance, physical theatre and a new course, ‘acting for film’
• NCT’s highly experienced, dedicated and specialist teachers facilitate the workshops
• Children rotate from one lesson to another
• Refreshments are supplied between classes
• On the last day of each term parents are invited to support their young thespians by observing the classes
Through these classes, children get the opportunity to develop their leadership skills, strengthening self-esteem, confidence, courage and powers of expression, and are encouraged to discover their hidden potential.
Where: 3 Junction Avenue, Parktown